Helpful Resources on The Bible & Homosexuality
Homosexuality and the Bible Video by Reverend Dr. Brent Hawkes:
A TEDx Toronto Talk by Reverend Dr. Brent Hawkes:
The story of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people and their struggle with faith and religion has been written about by many authors. Below are some books that are helpful in telling the story, and understanding the Bible. Click on the link for more information on each book. The links do not imply we recommend the bookseller, but are based on availability and price.
- The Lord Is My Shepherd and He Knows I’m Gay
- Our Tribe: Queer Folks, God, Jesus and the Bible
- Our God Too – How MCC Began
- The Church and the Homosexual
- Jonathan Loved David
- Trans-gendered: Theology, Ministry and Communities of Faith
Helpful Reading & Resources
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list – there is an abundance of good writing on the topic. The list will be updated from time to time.